POST TATTOO CARE TIPS
When you get home follow the instructions provided by your tattoo artist.
- Carefully remove your dressing so as not to disturb your new tattoo.
- Wash your hands first then wash your tattoo with your hand
On the first night, your tattoo will most likely weep so place a soft cloth or towel on your bedsheets to avoid ruining them.
- Wash two to three times daily in the healing period to avoid infection.
- Don’t pick or scratch your new tattoo while it's healing
- Avoid tight clothing that won’t rub and irritate your tattoo
- Keep your tattoo out of direct sunlight while healing and avoid sunscreens that may contain irritants
- Avoid baths, saunas, swimming until your tattoo has healed
- Remember size matters, the bigger the tattoo, the longer it takes to heal. Up to 8 weeks is not uncommon dependant on your health and lifestyle.
- Avoid sweaty gym workouts and rest for at least 48 hours after
- Avoid alcohol before as it thins the blood and slows down healing
- Eat healthy to help your body recover faster
Remember, if you notice any unusual changes make sure you contact your health care professional as soon as possible.